Blog CategoriesAsk Chris Business Spotlight Dining Events History Hotels Nightlife Rants and Raves Savannah Celebrities This and That Weddings
4th of July Savannah Guide
Learn more about Savannah's part in the Revolutionary War and the Siege of Savannah by taking a tour of the Hostess City. Walking tours are a great way to learn about the history of Savannah in a smaller, more intimate setting. However, if you don't feel like walking, catch one of Savannah's fine trolley tours. And of course, don't forget Savannah's haunted ghost tours to learn of revolutionary era duels and the ghosts that followed!
Finally, enjoy a patriotic salute from one of Savannah's orchestras, watch canons blow at one of the local forts to celebrate our nation's independence, and finish out the weekend with fireworks on the river, beach, or on a cruise!
Once you've learned all about Savannah's great history, head on out to one - or all! - of these celebrations:
- July 2-4: Great American Weekend on River Street
- July 2-4: Weekend at Old Fort Jackson
- July 3rd: Fireworks on the Beach
- July 3rd: "Celebration of Our Nation's Independence" - Savannah Winds Concert
- July 4th: Celebration at Fort McAllister
- July 4th: 6th Annual Patriotic Big Band Salute - Savannah Swings!
- July 4th: Fireworks Cruise
- July 4th: Fireworks on Riverstreet